If your students needs help finding housing, the staff at Housing Services can help them.
Your student can use their UTORID” to log in and discover:
- the off-campus housing finder more than 10,000 listings near U of T campuses with pre-approved landlords looking for student tenants; and
- the roommate finder to help connect you with other students looking for shared housing.
On the Housing website you’ll find information about:
- housing fairs to help connect you with other students, meet landlords and schedule viewings;
- resources to help you deal with landlord and roommate conflicts; and
- info on tenant rights and responsibilities and more.
International experience can help your student build confidence and expand their comfort zone, learn to manage the challenges of a global workplace and connect with people from different cultures.
There are lots of options of varying lengths and times (a week, a term, a summer), so look into exchanges, summer abroad, research opportunities and more. Transfer credits can be pre-approved, many programs are offered in English and there are bursaries and scholarships available.
Deadlines are in the early fall, so start getting researching options now!